5 Steps to Building a PR Campaign
- Identify the story you want to share with the public: What makes it unique, compelling news?
- Set your objectives for the press release: for example do you want to announce a new product at your organization or how you are helping save an endangered animal?
- Prepare your draft message: Gather your facts…
- Write your release (see the example in the resource section)
- Submit your release and follow up with a phone call or email: ideally within 5 days of submitting
Create a Media Kit
Your media kit is an informative packet about your organization.
It should include:
History of your organization
Basic fact sheet
Bios on key leaders
Current press releases
3-7 pages, branded to match your organization’s identity materials and website