- Identify the story you want to share with the public: What makes it unique, compelling news?
- Set your objectives for the press release: for example do you want to announce a new product at your organization or how you are helping save an endangered animal?
- Prepare your draft message: Gather your facts…
- Write your release (see the example in the resource section)
- Submit your release and follow up with a phone call or email: ideally within 5 days of submitting
Archive for November, 2018
So, how can you increase your sales? The answer…Increase your marketing!
During the recession in 1981 – 1982 the companies that maintained and increased their marketing programs averaged 256% higher sales growth for the following 3 years compared to competition who did not market during the recession.Continue Reading
We recommend compiling a list of all the media outlets and channels with whom you want to regularly share news about your business…Your Press Release List.
This makes it easy to practically “set it and forget it” each time you have a new story to send out.
With their permission, you should put them on an automated listContinue Reading
Here is a glossary of terms regarding various business ratios.
Measures whether or not the firm has enough resources to pay its debt over the next 12 months – formula:
Current Ratio = Current Assets ÷ Current Liabilities
Acceptable ratios are between 1.5 and 2 – below 1 the company may of issues meeting its short term obligationsContinue Reading
By Paula Mathews
Besides worrying about OSHA knocking on your door, which we discussed in the last blog, what else keeps employers up at night?
Not being able to attract and hire good employees. Studies have shown that, out of 100 employees, 92 will come to work every day, do their best, follow the rules, and play well with others. The other 8 have attendance issues, work harder to get out of work than to do it, always have a beef with one employee or another, and cause management 90% of their headaches.Continue Reading